Construction logistics is extremely complex because it has the task of supplying one or more construction sites with balanced deliveries, often JIT (just-in-time), which can result in high logistics costs. It is not rare that there is not enough space on the construction site to accommodate all the materials, which can be oversized and require a lot of space and special types of transport. This is why logistics is needed, which will plan the supply chain and organize the delivery of the required amount of material, at the right time, in the right place and with the minimum possible costs.
Every construction site must have exactly the right amount of supplies that are needed for the current phase of construction in progress, any delay in the delivery of materials and equipment or mis-delivery can lead to delays on construction sites.
What exactly do you get from us?
The applications, tools and methods we use are already being applied in construction logistics in more than 10,000 construction companies worldwide.
Item Master Data
If you want to effectively manage the placement of goods and to manage and tracking your goods flowsthen you need to have organized and defined item master data. Defining item master data is a complex job that involves adding to each item a set of different data that defines that item. This primarily includes the following:
- Grouping of items, and the assignment of data sets to each item, including new codes, item names, item posting groups, item logistics data and storage conditions for each item, item dimensions, packaging method for each item.
- It is also necessary to define the method of stacking on the cargo medium (pallet, crate, box…), the method of leaving the warehouse (FIFO, FEFO, LIFO), the units of measure for each item, the method of tracking and registering raw materials, semi-finished products, unfinished products and finished products.
- Also, stock data for each item should be added, such as critical stock for replenishment and reorder point, safety stock, stock turnover ratio, ABC status of the item.
- Also, the ERP warehouse of first appearance (origin) and cost center are defined for each item.
- A system solution for monitoring inventory consumption.
- Inventory planning (optimal stock, safety stock, Re-order Point).
- Info function for stock search (information on where and in what quantity each item is located, includes the central warehouse and all construction sites).
- Weekly action plans for stock optimization.
- Elimination of OOS (out of stock), missed sales and “dead stock”.
- Alarms and alerts for expire date and low-stock items.
Goods flow Management
- Ensuring a continuous flow of materials between the warehouse and the construction site.
- Traceability and tracking of goods at all stages from the moment the goods enter the central warehouse until delivery to construction sites.
- Traceability and tracking of returns.
- Bar code or QR code to track the content of the cargo medium (pallet, crate, or box), the content of the location or to search for stock.
- In real time, you can know where your item is and in what quantity.
- Mapping locations in the warehouse.
- Marking of zones and micro locations (bar code or QR code).
- Label of the contents of the location (information about which item and in what quantity is located at which location, and information about the expiration date).
- Label of the content of the cargo medium (you can keep several different items on one pallet, crate, barrel, bundle, which optimizes the storage space and you can easily track each of those items.
- Registration of consumption (monitor the consumption of each item and plan the purchase based on that).
- Preparation of the process for the implementation of WMS software.
- Optimization of storage space.
- Lower inventory holding costs.
- Automation of warehouse processes.
- Increasing warehouse productivity.
- Fewer errors in delivery to the construction site (surplus, shortage, permutation).
- Better flow of information about goods.
- Digitization (no paperwork).
- Information about stock and movement of goods in real time.
Construction Machinery Digitalization
- Digital (without human factor) download of data on the performance of machinery.
- Digital download of data on the operation of machinery (vibrations, operating temperature, fluid condition, working hours).
- Digital prediction of preventive maintenance of machinery.
- Fewer downtimes of working machines (20% to 40% less).
- Greater productivity of working machines (up to 40% increase in productivity).
- Lower maintenance costs of machinery.
- Digital maintenance card for each working machine.